About Our Members
SLSC currently has 10 affiliate members that operate a total of 15 Community-based Residential Facilities (CBRFs, also known as halfway houses) across four provinces.
All affiliates are autonomous and independently governed charitable organizations. Each CBRF is unique; their infrastructure, operations, and services often vary and respond to their local needs and realities.
To learn how to join the SLSC network, visit our Become an Affiliate/Associate page.
Every year, SLSC collects data from its affiliates. Here are the highlights from the 2021-21 survey:
- There were 15 CBRFs among 10 affiliates
- Approx. 67% of CBRFs were accessible for residents with mobility issues
- Over 500 people were served as residential clients
- 2 of 6 responding affiliates operated second stage, transitional, or supportive housing facilities with an average occupancy rate of 96%
- Agencies collectively offer more than 20 programs and services