Join Our Board of Directors
SLSC is governed by a group of volunteers that form our Board of Directors. SLSC’s Board is made up of two types of Board members:
- Delegates from Affiliate Agencies: Each affiliate agency is entitled to have a delegate sit on SLSC’s Board of Directors.
- Directors At-Large: Individuals with a specific expertise or experience relevant to SLSC’s mission and operation is eligible to be nominated to join the Board as a Director At-Large. In order for an individual to become a Director At-Large, an SLSC member must complete a nomination form.
- Networking with like-minded individuals from across Canada
- Knowledge exchange with SLSC’s staff and volunteers
- Opportunity to contribute to policy and advocacy you care about at the national level
- Professional development activities paired with SLSC Board meetings and AGMs
- Make new friends—our Board is a very social bunch!